Last Updated: May 23, 2018
Information We Collect & How We Use It
Thanks for using Airstory! We built Airstory to remove the barriers associated with the content creation process. That means you can input, upload, or store in Airstory any text, images, and other data that you choose (known as, “Your Stuff”). You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in Your Stuff. In short, what belongs to you stays yours. We also collect, receive and securely store the following types of information:
When you create an account, we collect the following information that can be used to identify you:
- Personal information such as your name, email address and, if you are using a paid account, credit card billing information (“personally identifiable information” or “PII”).
- Optional information such as a photograph.
Your PII is used to provide you with Airstory Services such as making sure you find what you’re looking for when you search your account. Additionally, Airstory’s Customer Support team may need to access your information, such as your account email address and/or the device you are using to access Airstory, to troubleshoot any concerns you may have when using Airstory Services. We may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing.
If you contact Airstory’s Customer Support team for help with specific pieces of Your Stuff in your account (for example, if you can’t find a project you believe should be in your account), we may ask for your permission to look at Your Stuff. The permission to access Your Stuff terminates when the issue is resolved.
In accordance with your communication preferences, we’ll occasionally contact you to announce new products and features we build for you, share tips for using Airstory to get more done, make special offers, and provide information about how Airstory works with products and services from our business partners.
INFORMATION RELATED TO USE OF AIRSTORY
Our servers automatically record information about how a person uses Airstory, including IP addresses, browser types, operating systems, pages or features of Airstory that were used and time spent on them, search terms and other statistics. We use and analyze (and may engage third parties, such as Google Analytics) to analyze this information to customize and improve Airstory Services. We also use IP addresses to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how Airstory is used.
In some cases we collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation. We may use location information to improve and personalize Airstory Services.
INFORMATION COLLECTED USING COOKIES
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Airstory Services contain links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We are not responsible for the content, privacy and security practices, and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
USE OF GOOGLE USER DATA
Google Drive. If you choose to connect your Google Drive to your Airstory account, we will access certain information obtained from Google regarding your account. Specifically, Airstory Services accesses and pulls in the file and folder names of the content you want to import from your Google Drive. This data will only be used by Airstory to provide you with the services you direct and expect (e.g. content import or export) and will not be shared with any third parties. Please see here how Google uses data. You can also opt out if you wish.
Google Analytics. We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. We do not track the content you produce. The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of Airstory Services are doing well, and which need changing. Like most websites, we use this information to improve our customer experience. Please see here how Google uses data. You can also opt out if you wish.
Information We Share With Third Parties
We’ll only share your PII in the following cases:
- We use a third-party service provider that requires it, such as for payment processing, data storage, and hosting and servers.
- We need to disclose it as part of a business transaction. Information that we collect from our users, including PII, is considered to be a business asset. As a result, if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy or if we are acquired as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your PII may be disclosed or transferred to the third-party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
- We need to do so for legal reasons or to protect ourselves or others. We strongly believe in protecting you from having your privacy violated through abuse of legal systems, whether by individuals, entities or government, and in contesting claims that we believe to be invalid under applicable law. However, we reserve the right to disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we believe it is necessary to satisfy or comply with any applicable law, regulation or legal process; to respond to lawful requests; to protect the rights, property and safety of us or others; and to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
- You expressly ask us to do so.
We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
USE OF INTERCOM SERVICES
We use third-party analytics services to help understand your usage of our services. In particular, we provide a limited amount of your information (such as your email address and sign-up date) to Intercom, Inc. (“Intercom”) and utilize Intercom to collect data for analytics purposes when you visit our website or use our product. Intercom analyzes your use of our website and/or product and tracks our relationship so that we can improve our service to you. We may also use Intercom as a medium for communications, either through email, or through messages within our product(s). As part of our service agreements, Intercom collects publicly available contact and social information related to you, such as your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, website URLs, social network handles and physical addresses, to enhance your user experience.
Modifying Your Information
You can delete your PII as well as Your Stuff at any time, and you can stop using Airstory Services at any time. Your Stuff is your stuff; to that end you can export your projects, notes, templates, and images at any time, as described here.
To delete your PII and cancel your account, login to your Airstory account, access ‘Settings’, under ‘My Account’ select ‘Delete my account’. For a pictorial step-by-step on how to delete your account, please go here.
Airstory provides you with features that allow you to communicate and collaborate with other users. Please note that once you delete your account you will no longer have access to your projects, notes, templates and images AND they will no longer be accessible to your collaborators who once shared access to those Airstory Services.
Your PII may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction. If you’re located outside the United States and choose to provide your PII to us, we may transfer your PII to the United States and process it there.
Our Policy Towards Children
Airstory is not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as is practicable.
Complaints & Contact Information
Wiebe Marketing Ltd.
210 – 2717 17th Street SW
Calgary, AB T2T 4N4
- Airstory Services means the Airstory Software (as defined below) and other products, services and websites hosted or made available by Airstory, including our downloadable applications, Help Centre & FAQ, and Support Forum.
- Airstory Software means the software hosted on Airstory’s servers and the software we make available to be deployed by you or a third party to enable capturing of Your Stuff originating outside the Airstory Services, such as the Researcher Chrome extension.
May 23, 2018 – Details provided about what and when personal data is collected and revisions made to Modifying Your Information in order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
February 15, 2018 – Revisions made to elucidate our use of Google User Data & Modifying Your Data.